Let’s do this, Cessnock - book your COVID-19 vaccination today!
People across NSW are getting vaccinated in extraordinary numbers, but there is still a way to go and Cessnock City Council is calling on residents to book their COVID-19 jabs today.
A Local Government Area (LGA) COVID-19 Vaccine Rates report published on 6 September highlighted that 57.5% of residents from the Cessnock LGA had received their first dose and 27.7% had received their second dose of the vaccine.
For those who have had their first dose, it is so important to make sure you get your second dose at the right time. Two doses of the vaccine not only gives you 90% protection against hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, but it also protects your loved ones and the wider community.
While access and wait times have been issues highlighted by many in the community, there are lots of options available for vaccination, including local pharmacies taking ‘walk ins’ where no appointment is needed.
Below is a snapshot of available sites in the Cessnock LGA offering the COVID-19 vaccine. This is not an exhaustive list and residents are encouraged to talk to their local GP, Pharmacist or visit NSW Health to book an appointment:
· Cessnock Day/Night Pharmacy – 202 Wollombi Road, Cessnock
· Cessnock Plaza Pharmacy –Woolworths precinct, Cessnock
· Priceline Pharmacy – Coles precinct, Cessnock
· Marketplace Doctors Cessnock – Shop 9 195-205 Wollombi Road, Cessnock
· Cumberland Street Medical Centre – 45 Cumberland Street, Cessnock
· West Cessnock Medical Practice – 100 Wollombi Road, Cessnock
· Wollombi Medical Practice – 83 Wollombi Road, Cessnock
· All Ways Healthcare – Suite 1/275 Vincent Street, Cessnock or 110 Lang Street, Kurri Kurri
· My Medical Services Kurri Kurri – 203 Lang Street, Kurri Kurri
· Abermain Surgery – 243 Cessnock Road, Abermain
· Abermain Pharmacy – 193 Cessnock Road, Abermain
· Greta Medical Centre – 29 High Street, Greta
Cessnock City Mayor, Councillor Bob Pynsent has been a huge advocate for getting the COVID-19 vaccine, but also realises the issues faced by our community.
“I have now spoken to the Deputy Premier about the need to establish a mass vaccination hub in the Cessnock LGA as well as our need for more Pfizer vaccines. At the upcoming Council meeting I will put forward a Mayoral Minute outlining the barriers faced by our community when it comes to getting vaccinated.”
“Once the state opens up we need to be vaccinated, as there is no doubt we will see in influx of tourists. We need to ensure our local people are safe and have had the opportunity to get vaccinated before this happens,” added Cr Pynsent.
Due to high levels of demand, please use the online vaccine booking services where possible. To do so, visit NSW Health, click ‘Book your vaccination now’, complete the ‘Vaccine Eligibility Checker’ and then type in your postcode to find the nearest and earliest available appointment.